The Sportsman Motel is located in Melrose Montana in the southwest part of the State. It's a small town of about 90 people located about 1 minute off Interstate 15 and equal distance between Dillon and Butte, Montana. Melrose might be considered the gateway to the Big Hole River and a fly fishing mecca. But it should also be known as a gateway to the Pioneer Mountains where one could spend a week or three hiking, small stream fishing, ATV'ing and/or rock hounding. And this is where the Sportsman Motel comes into play.
The Sportsman Motel is just a nice place to spend a few days enjoying what Mother Nature provides us without having to pack up each night and moving on to the next destination. We spent 5 days and 4 nights in Room 3 of the Sportsman that happens to have a kitchenette. Our room was large, clean and comfortable and this allowed us to enjoy our entire vacation.
My Top 10 Reasons to Stay at the Sportsman Motel, Cabins and RV Park in Melrose Montana
1. It's very close to the Big Hole River and access into the uncrowded Pioneer Mountains.
2. The kitchenette is well stocked with pots, pans, utensils, a full sized fridge and stove/oven plus a microwave.
3. It has WiFi.
4. It's a motor type lodge so you park right outside your room. Carrying in luggage and other stuff is hassle free.
5. A covered porch and bench to sit outside to enjoy the sunsets.
6. The way the parking lot is set up, you have the opportunity to get info from other people staying at the motel. Each morning I talked with my neighbors about fishing and their mountain adventures. Most of our neighbors were quite friendly and talkative.
7. It's quiet. I don't think I heard a car radio or cell phone the entire 5 days we were there. My cell was off the entire time.
8. A gas B-B-Q and outside picnic table for your use.
9. Four pillows on each bed.
10. Friendly owners and friendly guests.
The Pioneer Mountain area of Montana includes the towns of Melrose, Dewey and Wise River. This area is not overflowing with hotels and certainly isn't your typical destination resort unless you fly fish, hunt or are into outdoor activities. So, there just aren't a lot of choices for places to stay and this makes the Sportsman Motel unusual. They don't have to keep their motel clean or comfortable because where else are you going stay. The owners obviously take great pride in their motel and it shows.
Sportsman Motel, Cabins and RV Park
540 N. Main St. Melrose MT 59743
Link to a few more pictures of the motel can be found HERE.
Thanks for visiting and commenting on this Montana Hotel report
The Bondyweb.Com author
|< Prev||Next >|